Pages

Monday 7 November 2011

Preliminary exercise: My background photo


I chose this as my background picture because he is a young student at Southdown's and is giving direct address, he also looks happy and this is a photo students can relate to. Students will want to read about this student because this image shows he is successful due to his body language, I will then match it to a cover line to say that he has got good A level results and this will make students want to read the magazine.  It has a simple and clear background meaning the front page wont look to cluttered which may put off potential buyers. 


To try out the image with my masthead. I Imported the image into InDesign and then added the text for the masthead which I had previously picked, using the text tool. However the positioning of the photo didn't look right because of his hair. So I used the direct selection tool to drag the photo sideways so that his hair fitted in the gap between the two words. This made the text clearer and easy to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment