Pages

Thursday 16 February 2012

Music magazine: Double page spread



I designed my double page spread on Indesign. I decided for my layout of my double page spread that I would have A picture covering the left page and the article covering the right page. I edited the margins and put three columns into the pages by going to the 'layout' menu and clicking margins and columns. I made the margin at the bottom the biggest so I could fit a page number into it. I then placed the image onto the left page by getting the 'Rectangle frame tool' and then clicked 'Place' on the 'file' menu selected a photo which I had previously edited so the leaves stood out around her but then it went dark when going towards the edges. I then made the background of the next page black. For the title I used a font which most suited my genre of music Pop and which would appeal to my target audience, called Bauhaus 93. I then used the 'Eyedropper tool' to pick the colour out of a leaf onto the font, and then put it to 73pt and then by putting the vertical scale to 109% and the horizontal scale to 105% it then filled the top of the page nicely. I then wrote out a short line to attract audiences and used the 'eyedropper tool' to then make the font the same colour of her hair. I used a simple font of 'Calibri' for the article and made the colour of the font white making it easy to read. The article is embedded with questions, so to make them clear I made them bold. I made the first letter of the whole article bigger to make it stand out and look stylish. I finally made the writing neater by clicking 'justify with last line aligned centre' making it look even better. To highlight the fact that my music magazine have a Twitter and Facebook page I then put in the small icons which audiences would then recognize and then would promote our pages better. I added the page number onto the bottom and made it the same font as the title making it stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment