Pages

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Practice page: Double page spread


This is my first ever attempt at a double page spread. I used a replacement picture which I have taken previously ( I will not be using this photo in my music magazine) and inserted it on the left page using the 'rectangle frame tool' and then clicking 'place' and the selecting an image. I used InDesign to design the double page spread by adding pages and adjusting the margins so on the inside and outside they where smaller as well on the top margin bigger because I plan to put my Logo at the top. I wrote a title which sounded like it would be in a magazine and then changed the font so it was eye catching and interesting. I then added an introductory paragraph and inserted columns. 


I then added a small picture within the text by using the 'rectangle frame tool' and then clicking 'place' and then selecting an image (not one I have taken for my music magazine). I then highlighted the image and then clicked the 'Window' menu and then selected 'Text wrap' there I could choose which option of text wrap, which was 'wrap around bounding box'  that I would like and then was able to pick the amount that it would push the text away, I chose 1mm. I then created another text box at the bottom of the page and wrote the name of the magazine (I made this up, its not going to be the name of my magazine) and the page number which is odd because its on the right page. I changed the font to a bold and edgy font to make it stand out but also look stylish like a music magazine.  Even though this was new I found it simple and I now have more of an idea of how to make my double page spread. 





No comments:

Post a Comment