Pages

Sunday 30 October 2011

Task 5: Skills Audit

Out of all the questions I knew nearly all of them. There was only three things that I am unsure of doing, so to ensure that I am able to do them I went on the internet to research on how to do the tasks.

Firstly I didn't know how to scan images into a Mac. I found out that its only three simple steps, making sure that the scanner software is fully installed onto the Mac of course and then click on the 'applications' fold on the  Mac's hard drive and then double click on the 'image-capture' icon. Press scan on your Scanner and the 'image-capture' application will recognise the connected scanner and will display a preview of the picture. You can then select any special options you want for your scanned picture and click 'scan' in the lower right conner of the preview window. The scanned picture is then stored in the 'pictures' section of your user folder.

Secondly I didn't know how to Bluetooth files. Again I discovered this was really easy. All you do is select from the 'apple' menu 'system preferences'. Then from the 'view' menu select 'sharing', you then tick the on box next to 'Bluetooth sharing'.

Lastly, I didn't know how to burn data onto a disk. What you have to do is insert a blank disk into the disk drive. An icon for the DVD will appear on the desktop. For the dialog box that appears, enter the name for the disk and then chose the format you want to create, then drag folders and files onto the icon. Finally from the 'file' menu, select 'Burn Disk'.

Main source of information: http://www.apple.com/support/

No comments:

Post a Comment